This episode of Mr. Magic's Rap Attack was recorded and shipped over to London for broadcast there a few days later (as the introduction notes) on Dave Pearce's BBC Radio London show.
At the end, Mr. Magic notes that he'll be hosting a New Edition concert on Sunday at Madison Square Garden, which ended up being the second in a series of "rampages" after R&B and hip-hop shows that year. By the end of the month, "[t]hirteen boys and young men were indicted ... on riot, robbery and related charges stemming from a series of crimes June 8 after a rock concert at Madison Square Garden. The suspects, ranging in age from 13 to 23 and all from Brooklyn and the Bronx, left a concert by the group New Edition at the Garden and, according to the police, attacked and robbed 14 pedestrians on Broadway, between 39th and 45th Streets, about 11 P.M." (New York Times, June 27, 1986 page B00003).
Mon, Jun 9, 1986 – 2 · Daily News (New York, New York) · Newspapers.com
- Intro Airbreak
- Eric B. Is President... Eric B. & Rakim
- Is It Live... Run-DMC
- Rock Me... The Fresh Force Crew
- Knowledge Me... Original Concept
- You'll Rock... L.L. Cool J
- Airbreak/Ads/Airbreak (Fat Boys Big & Beautiful giveaway)
- We Work Hard... UTFO
- Roxanne, Roxanne (Instrumental)... UTFO
- Howie's Teed Off... The Real Roxanne
- Breakdown... Fat Boys
- M.C. Story... M.C. Chill and Emanon (The Baby Beatbox)